Monday, January 21, 2013

Saturday is a Special Day

This last Saturday both of us had the day off. I hadn't ever been to the Salt Lake City Temple so we thought we would make a day of it and make a random trip down to SLC. We slept in, got all ready in our Sunday best and finally rolled out of Logan around 11. It was a nice drive down...and then we got to salt lake. First, we passed the exit. No surprise there cause we were just talking and talking-not a big deal. Then we couldn't find parking. Not really a surprise there either, I'm not a big fan of driving or parking in Salt Lake because we don't do it enough to know the in's and out's of it.  Then came the worst surprise of them all----the temple was CLOSED! Ahhhh. It was quite the disappointment, I was really looking forward to going through this temple. Everyone talks about how cool it is and we always say we'll go one day when we're headed down to Lehi, but of course that never happens. But we figured City Creek was right there by us so we decided to shop around a bit...and I might have bought some new cute clothes (oops!). Tyler was lucky enough to also forget his normal shoes so he was lookin stylin in his nice shiney church shoes!

Shopping at City Creek!
We decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea to splurge a bit on dinner either (we were planning on fast food :)). So we walked on over to the Blue Iguana. I had been there once before a few years ago and we were lucky enough to find it because the entrance is literally squished between buildings! The stairs were a bit frightening cause they're steep and the slush and ice made them super slick. It was worth the descent though cause the food was delicious and it came super quick. Tyler also found out that I had never had fried ice cream so we even had dessert. It was worth it.

At dinner. Sorry, just a little blurry!

On our way home we made 2 more magnificent stops. The first was to the Bountiful temple. If you haven't been let me tell you, it is BEAUTIFUL! No surprise there either, but it's so fun to see the different designs but still feel the wonderful feelings and be in awe of their beauty. Our second stop also reaffirmed my belief that there really is a heaven...Krispy Kreme :) My o my how I LOVE those donuts. I've always had a soft spot for donuts. It's my biggest weakness. MMMM. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. We were a bit worried that they would be closed because it was after 11, but we made a miraculous  discovery...THE DRIVE THRU IS OPEN 24/7!! O dear. Bad news for my waistline, but everywhere else was happy about that news! A dozen donuts here we come. Well now they're gone, and yes I was kind enough to share a couple with Tyler. But oooh were they delicious! If you're thinking, wow, she's using a ton of exclamation marks, yes I am. Because Krispy Kreme just deserves that many exclamation marks (and caps ;)!! And yes, I did have fried ice cream and donuts all in one night...gotta work on that...

Overall it ended up being a very good trip despite the minor set back at the beginning. But have no fear, I will make it there eventually, mark my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment