Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hopeful

Tuesday night, I started getting some contractions, nothing too terrible. But they started coming every 2-4 minutes. I was up all night timing them, waiting for them to get super painful, but they stayed the same. And I was NOT about to go to the hospital just to be sent home. So we kept timing, from 10 pm Tuesday to 5 30 am Wednesday, they came the 2-4 minutes without increasing intensity. Finally I got a stronger one. So we decided we better head in because I had been having regular contractions for 8 hours now. We go in, they completely admit us (I thought they would check me first...they didn't) then she checks me...I'm at a 2. Come again???? A 2???? I was at a 3 last time, but this nurse did not agree. I was at a 2. BUUUT my contractions were still regular. So they keep me hooked up for a couple hours, check again...a 2.

Confusion.

How can I be having all these contractions and NOTHING????

2 options. 1-Go home, eat what I want, try to sleep, move around and get them coming harder. 2-Break my water and have a super long and painful delivery. I opted for 1. Even though I was angry and sad because I did NOT want to go home, I felt like a loser, even though she assured me it was smart that I came in because they had lasted so long. Still embarrassing, and upsetting. Walking out of those doors babyless was upsetting. They didn't think I would make it through the night, let alone to my appointment coming up on Monday. But did warn me that I could still go until induction day... GRRR.

So we walk. Ty goes to work, I keep walking. I bounce on my yoga ball. I clean. I run my stairs. AND I finally get a couple strong ones mixed in with my still regular 2-4 minute contractions. YAY! Go for a long walk with Amanda, they keep coming...yay!!! Tyler gets home, we go on a long walk...they keep coming even more consistently...YAY!! We sit to make sure they're not Braxton Hicks. They go away. No more strong ones. Just the usual{REGULAR} ones that I have been having for almost 24 hours now. I'm discouraged and frustrated. We go to bed at 8-we're exhausted. It's been a long long Wednesday. I wake up at 10 to a strong one!!!...could this be it? I go down to my yoga ball and bounce...2 more. Then nothing. Again. Just go back to not too painful {REGULAR} contractions. I go back to bed and sleep until this morning.

Nothing. Not a single contraction.

I give up. I'm losing hope that this boy wants to come down! I had planned on going late my whole pregnancy. Of course I wished that he could come early, but I know the stats and didn't want to get my hopes up, so late it was. I had it in my mind. I could handle it. Then this week comes around and with all that happened I got my  hopes up. Lame. Lame. Lame. I should have known better. I still don't think he'll be here on his due day (Sat, the 7). I think I'll go a week late and have to be induced. I have up trying to get him here. We're just going to have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment