Monday, June 2, 2014

Baby Update

Today I'm at 39 +2. But I'm going to back up a bit so that I have everything down.

36 weeks: No dilation/40% effaced.
37 weeks: No progress even after jumping on the tramp and playing volleyball. Group B strep negative.
38 weeks: 1 cm!!! Still about 40% effaced.
39 weeks: Today. My doctor is out of town so I saw a nurse practitioner and she was awesome as well. I kept telling myself before hand that if nothing changed it's all good because technically I'm not due until Saturday. Well as it turns out I'm 3 cm dilated and 75%!!!!!! So she stripped my membranes, which surprisingly didn't hurt and we were told to start walking. Buuuut after I sat up I got super dizzy and black spots. I've only passed out fully once, but it's hard to forget what it feels like. Dr. noticed, so she had me lay back down, had super bad contractions for a  couple minutes, but after about 30 minutes, some apple juice and crackers later I could walk again! Apparently a major drop in blood pressure is uncommon, but it is a side effect of membrane stripping. Now I feel fine, but because of it Dr said no walking by myself so I'm sequestered to my yoga ball and the stairs until tonight.

But we're hoping today is my last day without a baby!! We will see. If he decides to cook longer I'm fine with that, but today made me super anxious! haha Next blog post better have a baby picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment